Over the years, I've collected pictures of the fabs playing live. More to the point, these are pics of The Beatles actually playing their instruments, in concert or otherwise. These are not posed pics of the boys being cute for the camera, but pics of them working their craft. I place them here for the guitar gearhead Beatle fan to see the band and equipment they used. A note to Vox amp fans: we see the band using 4 American made Vox Super Beatle amps in Cincinnati.
In Cincinnati, 1966
- Paul & John share a microphone
- Paul singing with his famous 1963 Hofner 500/1
- he still plays this one today on stage & in video
- George singing "If I Needed Someone"
- note capo on the neck of the Rickenbacker 12 string
- John playing his Epihone Casino
- same guitar he used in "Let it Be", rooftop concert
- George adjusts his Epiphone between songs
- note the Vox "Super Beatle" amps on the stage
- full stage pic
- imagine you're one of the guys in front, dumbfounded.
St. Louis, 1966
- full color shot, right at the edge of the stage
- what's Ringo got on his head?
- John, Epiphone, Super Beatle amp, 1966
- tuning up in the green room
- Paul's Rickenbacker, Georges Gibson, not used on tour, but on the next album.
03/20/05 Abbey Road album cover outtakes!
- where this comes from, I don't know
- it's amazing what's out there on the web
The Beatles at Shea stadium
- John begins the meltdown
- Paul says hello to the fans
- Ringo and the classic Ludwig drum set
- The Fabs entering the stadium
- Paul show off his MBE medal
- The full band
- The Beatles, stunned at the first stadium show in history
- Two pics of the 1966 Shea Stadium show
Misc. pics added 07.09.06
- Live in America 1
- Live in America 2
- Live in America 3
- Live in America 4
- Live in Las Vegas in 1964
- Record jacket of same 1964 Las Vegas gig
- Sahara Hotel
- 1964 Saraha Hotel in color
- Sgt.Pepper outfits for Hello Goodbye video
- that tiny little drum set! Just for fun
- Revolver era pose in the woods
- John's fat period...check out the jowls